Ready to interview a freelancer or agency for your project?
While all freelancers that make it into the FreeUp Marketplace are pre-vetted for skills, attitude, and communication, you can always conduct your own interview to ensure that they are the best possible fit for your business.
In your interview, you can stay more focused on the specific details to the project that you're looking to hire for.
Here are 12 questions that we suggest as you go through your own interview process.
- What other jobs or commitments do you have?
- How long do you estimate the project will take?
- Do you have a preferred timezone to work in?
- What is your experience with similar projects or tasks?
- Rate your skills from 1-10 and explain your ratings.
- What would you do in [situation]?
- Is there anything outside of the project that could interfere in completing it?
- What is your biggest strength for this role?
- When can you start?
- How did you get into this field?
- How do you like to communicate (email, chat, etc.)?
- What questions do you have for me?
As you go through your own interview process, make sure to ask other key questions about the project to make sure that they hit all the requirements you submitted to FreeUp.
Make sure they can work the hours you need.
Make sure their rate is aligned with your budget.
If you have any issues with the interview process, feel free to reach out to us through live chat or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope that this helps!