Ready to interview a virtual assistant, freelancer, or agency for your project?
While all freelancers that make it into the FreeUp Marketplace are pre-vetted by FreeUp for skills, attitude, and communication, you can always conduct your own interview process to ensure that they are the best possible fit for your business.
In our pre-vetting and interview process, we make sure that the freelancer has significant experience working with freelance clients, has ample experience within their skill set, has an entrepreneurial attitude about running their freelance business, and holds communication at a very high level.
In your interview, you can stay more focused on the specific details to the project that you're looking to hire for.
Here's 12 questions that we suggest as you go through your own interview process.
1. What kind of outside commitments do you have?
2. How long do you estimate the project will take?
3. What time zone do you normally working in?
4. What is your experience with similar projects/tasks?
5. Rate your skills in these areas from 1-10… and explain your ratings
6. What would you do in this situation (Give an example)?
7. Is there anything outside of the project that might interfere with completing it?
8. What is your biggest strength for this role?
9. When can you get started?
10. How did you get into what you’re doing?
11. How do you like to communicate?
12. What questions do you have for me?
As you go through your own interview process, make sure to ask other key questions about the project to make sure that they hit all the requirements you submitted to FreeUp.
For example...make sure they can work the hours you need.
Make sure their rate is aligned with your budget. Etc.
If you have any issues with the interview process, feel free to reach out to us through live chat or on email at Support@freeup.net.
We hope that this helps!