Security is important, especially when it comes to your hard-earned pay.
To protect you from potential scam, fraud, and non-paying clients, FreeUp sets up a secured payment system for our freelancers. Not only are we sending out payments weekly, we also help protect your financial account information, assist in disputes, and prevent clients from running away and not paying after you rendered your services.
Why Should You Never Work or Receive Payments Outside of FreeUp?
Every so often,you’ll encounter a client who will offer to pay you outside the platform.
They’ll do this to avoid paying FreeUp’s fees and will offer you a bigger rate than your initial request.
Yes, it may sound tempting, especially if you are new to the marketplace.
But don’t accept it!
Not only will you be terminated from FreeUp, it is also less safe.
Working with clients who offered to pay outside of FreeUp will undermine your user experience. It can also limit your protection against non-payments.
Should the client choose not to pay you for any services you rendered, FreeUp won’t be able to help you go after the client. This also applies for any underpayments or pay disputes.
As a reminder, you are prohibited from contacting or accepting employment or entering into a contract to perform work or services, from Client Users which you were introduced or exposed to through the FreeUp Network for a period of two (2) years from this notice.
What If The Client Really Wants to Work With Me Outside of FreeUp?
We have the buy out option!
Clients have the ability to “buy out” a Freelancer per the terms of the FreeUp client agreement.
The starting price points are as follows:
- $10,000 for a US freelancer.
- $5,000 for International freelancer
The following conditions must be met:
- The Freelancer agrees.
- FreeUp is not responsible if the freelancer quits or causes any other issues after the buy out has been agreed upon. The buy out is nonrefundable.
- You are agreeing to hire the Freelancer outside of the
- FreeUp platform. However, the freelancer is still a part of the FreeUp network and may get other clients through FreeUp if they desire.
- The freelancer may not drop any current freeup.net clients/projects until they are complete.
If the client wants to buy your services as a freelancer, you can ask them to reach out to our Support Team today!
Do you find this information useful or do you have any other questions? Make sure to let us know! You can send us an email at email@example.com.