Hello FreeUp Freelancers! We have another exciting Spotlight Blog on one of our Team Members, Jane Osiana.
Jane is our Client Support Team Leader here at FreeUp. She has been a part of the FreeUp internal family for over 5 years now.
She is a great resource for FreeUp knowledge and an all around amazing person. She is a dedicated employee and has done a lot of charity work in her free time.
What Is Your Background In Freelancing?
Before I joined FreeUp, I was a full-time Business Analyst for an automotive parts ecommerce industry. I tried setting up an account and applied for a couple of data entries and doing lead generation tasks so I could have extra income. I was able to land two project-based clients on UpWork but didn’t attempt to apply for anymore after that.
I resigned as a Business Analyst then FreeUp came. I had few FreeUp clients before, but I decided to focus on working with Nathan and Connor after I completed my projects with my other clients. I have not had any other clients since December 2017 other than FreeUp.
What’s Your Favorite Thing About FreeUp?
The FreeUp culture of course! Everyone is very professional, friendly and hardworking. I consider everyone here my family.
Why Is Your Role So Important To The Freelancers?
Since I started working as an all-around assistant, I was able to get to know the freelancers. Back then, together with Chiqui, Marius and Leiden, I was one of the go-to support team members for the freelancers. They are free to call and text me anytime whenever they need help with anything. I reached out to them via call and sms for any urgent matters too.
Some freelancers still reach out to me and I am happy that I am still able to help them when they are having issues with their clients.
What are you excited for?
I am excited for the continued success and changes in the network.
If You Could Give Freelancers New to the Platform Any Advice About Working on FreeUp Specifically, What Would It Be?
- Always communicate at a high level. Over communicate! Provide updates on projects and notify clients for any emergencies. If you don’t hear anything from your clients, inform the Support Team and we will be happy to assist!
- Always put everything into writing and do not dive into the project if you are not 100% happy with the rate and if you do not have the right skills. Most of the time, it just leads to issues and disputes.
- Incorporate honesty and integrity into your business. Clients will always find a way to come back once you have established a good relationship with them.
- Learn from negative feedback. Nobody does a perfect job. There is always room for improvement. There are always things that can be done better, more efficiently and more effectively. Negative feedback is what makes everyone realize those gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- You can always reach out to the Support Team for everything you need through email and LiveChat.
What are your hobbies outside of work?
I love watching movies, cooking, reading motivational and inspirational books, traveling and anything related to arts like interior designing, music and food art (bento for kids).
Wonderful Spotlight Blog
We love featuring our hard working team members in our weekly blogs. Our Internal Team Members enjoy their work and we love sharing their journeys with you.