Working with freelancers online is a unique experience, and it's essential to know who you're working with before diving in full speed.
Below, we've provided a list of tips to keep in mind as you start working with freelancers and/or agencies through the FreeUp Marketplace.
- They have other clients besides you. Freelancers offer their services on many platforms. Don’t try to limit them from taking other clients. Instead, set the expectation that you don’t mind what other clients/projects they have as long as it doesn’t affect your projects in any way.
- Only work with freelancers who love what they do as much as you love what you do.
- Tip for working with US freelancers. They are business owners. Treat it as a business-to-business relationship. Have the mentality of collaboration, and many incredible things can happen.
- Some freelancers are solo, and some do small subcontract tasks. Others operate as an agency. Don’t be upset about this. Instead, set the expectation of transparency. You don’t care who does the work as long as they are honest about it and the work meets your high standards when completed.
- Give freelancers a chance to resolve issues. Instead of getting troubled with something right away, give them one chance to resolve the issue. Go to the freelancers and explain the problem directly and clearly. If they don’t fix it right away, contact our support team to help.
- Get everything in writing, set milestones, deadlines, and due dates/times. Don’t work with freelancers that can’t hit deadlines.
These guidelines should help! If you have any questions, please reach out to us anytime via LiveChat or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.